District 80 School Closing
Updates and new information will be added to the end of this section so please check often and look below for the most recent posts.
The State of Illinois has extended the school closing through April 30, 2020. This extension will occur during the District 80 scheduled Spring break which is April 6 – 13, 2020. At this time, all District 80 Schools will resume on May 1, 2020.
District 80 will continue to provide updates as we move forward. Please check phone messages, text messages, Dist 80 App (App Store - Google Play) and our web page (www.mtv80.org) for updates and information.
District 80 Spring Break Meal Schedule
- On Friday April 3rd, we will distribute 2 lunch and 2 breakfast per student. This will supply meals for Friday April 3rd, and Monday April 6th.
- Monday April 6- NO DISTRIBUTION SITES WILL BE OPEN.
- On Tuesday April 7th, we will distribute 3 breakfast and 3 lunch per student. This will supply meals for Tuesday April 7th, Wednesday April 8, and Thursday April 9.
Sites and times:
- Mays Manor----1000 S.9th St.
- Central Christian--301 N 10th St
- Casey Middle School---1829 Broadway
- Sugar Camp Church---601 S. 21st St
- Rolland Lewis Building---- 800 S.27th St
- Willow Springs---- 4100 Willow Springs
- Garden Glen Apartments--- 1407 S.34th St
- Chesterfield Village--- 4201 Valley Forge Rd
- Wednesday April 8- NO DISTRIBUTION SITES WILL BE OPEN
- Thursday April 9- NO DISTRIBUTION SITES WILL BE OPEN
- On Friday April 10th, we will distribute 2 lunch and 2 breakfast per student. This will supply meals for Friday April 10, and Monday April 13.
- Sites and times are the same as listed above.
- Monday April 13- NO DISTRIBUTION SITES WILL BE OPEN.
District 80 Remote Learning
On Monday, March 16, 2020 all students in grades K-8 received paper learning packets. Electronic copies of these packets along with Pre-K resources have been posted on our web page. Please see our web page or contact your child’s school if you need a learning packet.
With the extension of the school closing, District 80 is working on a plan to provide further remote learning opportunities to students during the extended closing. Remote learning packets and online learning activities will be updated after Spring Break.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the packets students took home on March 16th be collected?
- We will be doing a work collection after the school closure ends. We will post information on the district website, app and send a skylert once that is determined.
Will the students get another packet?
- Yes, we will be distributing another packet. Distribution dates at the Primary Center, JLB, and CMS will be:
- April 15th and 16th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- April 17th from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- This will be a drive up service. You will not need to get out of your car. The locations are as follows:
- Primary Center: Main entrance, curbside
- JLB: Main entrance, curbside
- CMS: 19th street parking lot
Will my student be held back if they do not finish the packet?
- Students will not be penalized for incomplete packets. However, it is important for students to maintain and continue their learning.
- Fourth quarter grades will be pass or incomplete. When we return to school, teachers will work with students to bridge any gaps.
My child needs help with an academic problem. How can we get help?
- Teachers are available by email every day from 9 am to 2 pm.
- If you have difficulty reaching a teacher, please call your school office.
- All staff emails are listed on school websites. Go to www.mtv80.org for more information.
I would like for my child to have extra work to complete?
- Please see our district website. We have listed many engaging websites and apps to extend your child's learning.
Will students return after April 30th?
- We do not know. We are waiting for information from the state and federal government.
We ordered t-shirts/fundraiser items/etc, When will we receive them?
- As soon as the closure ends, our schools will work with families to either provide ordered items, or give refunds
Special notice for students:
The WISH (Writing, Invention, Science, History) Showcase has been cancelled for this year. Students who have completed their projects - please save for next year.
We are “Committed to Excellence”, and work hard to make this site a primary source for timely information and a gateway for improved communication between parents, teachers, students and other members of our community.
Scholastic Book Fair
You now have access to shop The Scholastic Store and earn rewards for your school with every purchase when you Click here to learn more and explore thousands of best-selling books, collections, new releases, educational toys, games, and more. Hurry and use the eWallet to order between January 27-Feb 14.
JL Buford Staff Pink Out in support of cancer patients.